Thank you for using Your Doctor!
What information do we collect?
We collect information in two ways:
- When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain it.
- We also get technical information when you use our products or use websites or apps that have Your Doctor features.
When you sign up for or use our products, you voluntarily give us certain information. This can include your name, profile photo, preferences, comments, likes, email address you used to sign up, and any other information you provide us. By calling us, or accepting our calls, you also consent to the call being recorded along with related data. You also give us permission to access your information in other services. For example, you may login to Your Doctor using your Facebook account, which allows us to obtain information from those accounts (e.g., your friends or contacts). The information we obtain from those services often depends on your settings or their privacy policies, so be sure to check what those are.
These days, whenever you use a website, mobile application, or other Internet service, there's certain information that almost always gets created and recorded automatically. The same is true when you use our products. Here are some of the types of information we collect:
- Log Data: When you use Your Doctor or go to a webpage or use an app that has Your Doctor's features (like the "Search Widget" button), Your Doctor's servers automatically record information ("log data") including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you're using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web pages you visited that had Your Doctor's features, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, how you used Your Doctor, and cookie data.
- Device Information: In addition to log data, Your Doctor may also collect information about the device you're using Your Doctor on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you're using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether Your Doctor collects some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you're using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you're using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or an Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to Your Doctor, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
- Suggesting itineraries and travel items you might like. For example, if you've indicated that you're interested in adventure or visited adventure activities related websites that has Your Doctor features, we may suggest adventure related itineraries, that Your Doctor thinks you might like;
- Send you updates (such as when certain activity, like the itineraries you have created or comments/reviews, happens on Your Doctor), newsletters, marketing materials and other information that may be of interest to you. For example, depending on your email notification settings, Your Doctor may send you weekly updates that include top itineraries and travel destinations you may like. You can decide to stop getting these updates by updating your account settings (or through other settings that Your Doctor provides).
- Send you updates (such as when certain activity, like the itineraries you have created or comments/reviews, happens on Your Doctor), newsletters, marketing materials and other information that may be of interest to you. For example, depending on your email notification settings, Your Doctor may send you weekly updates that include top itineraries and travel destinations you may like. You can decide to stop getting these updates by updating your account settings (or through other settings that Your Doctor provides). Help your friends and contacts find you on Your Doctor. For example, if you sign up using a Facebook account, we may help your Facebook friends find your account on Your Doctor when they first sign up for Your Doctor. Or, we may allow people to search for your account on Your Doctor using your email address.
- Respond to your questions or comments.
- Access and change information in your profile page at any time, choose whether your profile page is available to search engines, or choose whether others can find your Your Doctor account using your email address;
- Link or unlink your Your Doctor account from an account on another service (e.g., Facebook). For some services (like Facebook), you can also choose whether or not to publish your activity on Your Doctor to that service.
- Close your account at any time. When you close your account, we'll deactivate it and delete all your personal data and information from public visibility. We may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including to help address fraud and spam).
- The browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage;
- Your mobile device may provide you with choices around how and whether location or other data is shared with us.
- When we have your consent. This includes sharing information with other services (like Facebook or Twitter) when you've chosen to link to your Your Doctor account to those services or publish your activity on Your Doctor to them. For example, you can choose to publish your trips or planning activity to Facebook or Twitter.
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or Your Doctor; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- We may engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this Policy.
How does Your Doctor use the information it collects?
Your Doctor uses the information it collects to provide the products to you and make them better, develop new products, and protect Your Doctor and our users. For example, Your Doctor may log how often people use two different versions of a product, which can help understand which version is better.
Your Doctor also uses the information it collects to offer you customized content, including:
Your Doctor also uses the information to:
The information we collect may be "personally identifiable" (meaning it can be used to specifically identify you as a unique person) or "non-personally identifiable" (meaning it can't be used to specifically identify you). We use both types of information, and combinations of both types, as described above. We may use or store information wherever Your Doctor does business, including countries outside your own.
What choices do you have about your information?
Our goal is to give you simple and meaningful choices over your information. If you have a Your Doctor account, many of the choices you have on Your Doctor are built directly in to the product or your account settings. For example, you can:
You may have choices available to you through the device or software you use to access Your Doctor. For example:
To learn more about these choices, please see the information provided by the device or software provider.
How do we share the information we collect?
Your Doctor is a tool people use to find their inspirations for travel, make them a reality, and inspire others in the process for traveling. When you create public itineraries, anyone can view them. You may also provide us with profile page information that that anyone can view. The other limited instances where we may share your personal information include:
We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners or others. For example, we may tell a business using Your Doctor how many people included a particular partner in their itineraries, or the percentage of people who click a on an expert's itinerary after viewing it.
Our Policy on Children's Information
Your Doctor is not directed to children under 13. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
How do we make changes to this policy?
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we'll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use Your Doctor after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide more prominent notice or obtain your consent as required by law.